From the article: Finding Out You're Having Twins
The discovery and confirmation of a twin pregnancy can be a shock like none other. It is a special moment in a family's history, a moment that changes everything. How did you find out you were having twins? Was it a surprise or suspected? Was it the successful outcome of a quest for reproductive assistance or a complete out-of-the-blue miracle? Share your story of how you found out about your twin pregnancy, how you reacted, and how you felt about the discovery. Share Your Story
fraternal twin boys
- Twins run in my family, and I am actually a fraternal twin with a brother, I already have a five year old, and I found out I was pregnant about a week after I conceived, so called Dr, and at my appt my Dr was taking all my history and info, and sent me to the hospital for an ultrasound thinking I was further along or multiple pregnancy,I asked my daughter if she wanted us to have a baby and she said I was having two.lol as soon asthe tech put the wond on my belly there itwas two sacs,I was 6 weeks when it was confirmed by ultrasound.
- —Guest Ashley
how i found out
- I went for early US due to not sure when last period was as had travelled interstate. The US lady said there are twinsand the poor I swore at I said the f word then I said sorry she gave me photo to take home to show dad and sisters to be. He looked and said is there 2vi started crying and he jumped around loungeroom. And the girls aged 12 and 8 were so excited. I had 2 healthy faternal twins born at 37.1 weeks and are 7 in febuary 2014. Don't know how I would live without them
- —Guest nicole
How do I know that I was having twin
- The movements of the baby in side my belly. First I thought that something is worng with my baby because of the movements all over my belly. Top bottom side to side I was so scared until I began to watch tlc ( a baby story) there I learn more and find out that i was having twin. Now this is my second pregnantcy and I'm not sure this trip are twin
- —Guest Nika
My husband said so
- Right from the time i realised i was pregnant, my husband always said i would give birth to twins but i always said it was not possible. I didnt go to d hospital til i was 8month becos i didnt want to know the sex of my baby,i just wanted it to be a surprise. It happened that i started urinating uncontrollably so i finally went,the doctor was shocked to hear i was just coming. All kinds of test were carried out on me and an ultrascan also was done and i was shocked to learn i was with twins,i regretted not coming earlier but they were fine and well positioned. A week later i went into labour and had normal delivery of a set of beautiful, identical, healthy twin baby girls. They weighed 2.6kg& 2.4kg respectfully.They are now getting to 2yrs and am now currently pregnant again since i didnt do family planning with twins ,this time boys. Its so unbelievable.
- —Guest Yuddie
- At my first appointment with my ob, I was seven weeks preg. And when he looked at the sonar he laughed at me. And I said, "What's wrong?" He said, "U r having twins."
- —Guest Ponsi
how i found out i was having twins.
- well im a identical twin and i thought the old wives tale was true that it skips a generation. i was lying in bed and my stomach had flutters so i pressed down to feel it and i felt two lumps and my heart skipped a beat. i made an appointment to visit my doctor and they told me a i was having twins!!!! fratenal twins a boy and a girl!!!
- —Guest barbara
My Mom used to tell us about it.
- I am a 55year old identical twin girl. When my Mom was expecting us there was not such thing as an ultrasound. When Mom was about 7 months along her doctor sent her to have an x-ray to see why she was getting so big.. Straight away they told her" Olive you are having twins" This is the part we loved the best. When Dad got home from work that evening she said to him "guess what" and Dad said, "it's twins". She was surprised he knew. She asked him how he knew. Lovingly he told her"you cant see how big you are." We were born in May, one of us 6lbs 5ozs and the other 6lbs. A pretty good size for twins.
- —Guest Julia
HEALTHY TWIN GIRLS NOW AGE 30
- IT WAS MY FIRST AND ONLY PREGNANCY AND I WAS LAYING IN BED AT NIGHT READING A BOOK. I FELT THE BABY MOVE ALMOST UNDER MY RIBS. A FEW SECONDS LATER THE BABY MOVED BUT AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THE FIRST MOVEMENT. I CALLED MY DOCTOR AND SAID I WANTED AN ULTRA SOUND. IT WAS GOOD THAT I WAS LAYING DOWN WHEN I FOUND OUT. THE TECH MOVED THE ROLLER OVER MY BELLY AND WE BOTH SAW TWO CIRCLES. I ASKED HER IF IT WAS WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS AND SHE SAID MAYBE NOT. SHE FOUND ONE HEART THAT WAS BEATING AND THEN SHE FOUND THE OTHER HEART BEATING. I SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING MORE MOTHER LIKE BUT I SAID "SHIT". I WANTED MY HUSBAND TO SEE IT LIKE I DID SO WE PLANNED IT SO I COULD SEE HIS FACE. SHE ROLLED THE THING AROUND AND SAID THIS IS THE HEAD AND HE SMILED AT ME. THEN SHE ROLLED IT OVER THE TWIN AND SAID THIS IS THE OTHER HEAD. HE ALMOST LOOKED AT ME AGAIN BUT HIS EYES JUST ABOUT POPPED OUT OF HIS HEAD. I FELT HIS HAND GRAB THE EXAM TABLE AND HEARD THE PAPER UNDER ME CRINKLE. LOL
- —Guest SUZANNE
10 Week Surprise
- My husband and I went to my first ultrasound appt at 10 weeks. The doctor stuck the wand in and sure enough, there was our baby! Doc began pointing out the hands, feet, head, etc. and we were just staring at the screen, smiling and teary-eyed and in total awe. After about a minute she shifted the wand and then said, "Oh... how about 2 babies?" We both squawked, "WHAT?" and then the laughter and tears really started! This is our first pregnancy after over a year of trying to conceive naturally, and Hubby had been teasing me for weeks leading up to the ultrasound that I was having twins; and while they do run in my family, I never EVER thought I would actually see 2 babies on that monitor! As for twin clues, none! I thought my jeans were getting really tight way too soon, but I haven't been excessively nauseous or exhausted so I didn't even suspect. So now I'm just praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy for both of them. Due Nov. 11, 2013.
- —Guest Missy H
My daughter knew it
- I have one Daughter already. I found out that I was pregnant. Everyone knew about it. Now I got really big and my daughter kept saying it was twins so it turned out to be twins.
- —Guest Unknown
- When i went to the hospital and the doctor discovered that my stomach was to big than expected and was swelling legs so i was sent for a scan check that where i discovered i had twins
- —Guest philis mayoya
- i went to the hospital and confirmed after a serious morning sickness that took me for over 3months i used to vomit alot and i was bleeding to but after i saw the doctor i was given medication and it stopped.am now blessed with a babyboy and girl of 91/2 months
- —Guest mariam
How do u handle good news
- I went to the er cuz i was really concerned about the baby, when during the transvaginal ultrasound after a bout 20mins the tech says how do u handle good news, i ask why and it was becuz she didnt want me trying to sit up on the table, she then turned the screen n says heres baby A and click heres baby B, i was shocked and thrilled, im just about 20 weeks now n things r going well:) sry bout poor grammer phone typing
- —Guest Haley mac
I just knew:)
- My twins were fertility drug babies I was extremely sick with them and I just knew we would be in that 5% chance of clomid multiples well we were pregnant with triplets but lost one at 8ish weeks as at our 81/2 week scan we were left with 2. It was a bitter sweet moment knowing I had 2 healthy bubs that I had a gut feeling were there but saddened I had lost the triplet. They were born at 37 weeks and healthy there now 2 and love there big sis and we are 21 weeks pregnant with bub #4 it feels as though the triplet has come back to be born I know that sounds crazy lol but it brings me comfort.
- —Guest Cas
2 for the price of 1
- We were an older couple (45 & 59) when we finally got pregnant via IVF using donor eggs. Being older, they tracked things very closely with me, doing the 1st U/S at 6 wks. I had some bleeding the day before, and a previous miscarriage, so I was afraid to look at the monitor, for fear that something had gone wrong. My husband was watching closely, though, when the nurse pointed to the screen and said "there's 1 baby...and there's baby #2!" Once we were in the car, my husband told me "I didn't know WHAT I was looking at, I just knew I was looking at 2 of them!" We are now the enormously proud parents of 11-mo old boy/girl twins...absolutely worth the wait!
- —Guest Lisa
1-15 of 92Next