From the article: You Know You're a Mom of Multiples When...
When you're a mom of twins or multiples, you learn to do things just a little differently. Juggling the care of two or more same-age children simultaneously requires special multi-tasking skills, a double dose of patience, and a great sense of humor. Plus, who else can explain why boy/girl twins can't be identical or buys two of everything? Share your comments on mothering multiples by completing this sentence: "You Know You're a Mom of Multiples When..." Complete the Sentence
- You are changing a pooey nappy and twin 2 has to try to get the dirty nappy or put her hands all over her sisters dirty bum before you have wiped it. They then both giggle at you when you realize the other twin has also done a poo and the same is going to happen again. Never a dull moment haha
- —Guest Kristy
You know your a mom of twins when
- You take your toddler twin boys for a walk with their year old sister and you look like a dog walker because all of them have harnesses on lol
- —Guest Bridgette
Two Sets of Multiples
- Your first question when buying a car is "how many it seats" and you turn it down if it's less than 7. Being productive sometimes takes a backseat to keeping the kids alive. Your parents or in-laws don't become babysitters but instead your parents AND in-laws become babysitters. The moment your spouse steps in the door from work you're practically throwing kids at them. You laugh at friends complaining about being tired from their one baby. You realize having seven babies on a Sims games is way easier than having two in real life. You go out as a family and are asked if they are all yours. You're lucky if you manage to shave more than twice a month. Your family takes up an entire pew in church. You have to buy several birthday cakes because each kid wants something different. You have to do laundry twice a week. People assume you run a daycare center. It is believed you are like Michelle Duggar leaving the number of children "up to God". People think you're a Mormon since you have so many kids.
- —Guest Miria W.
You wouldnt have it any other way
- You buy EVERYTHING in bulk. You haven't been to the hairdresser in months. You have to reserve a table to eat anywhere but McDonalds You've given up on the house being immaculate and settle for tidy (some days you settle for livable) Your over people asking if you've bought a bigger T.V You panic when its quiet You catch yourself sounding like a sargent in the army. You cant find anyone crazy enough to babysit People stop smiling when you tell them how many children you have You don't sweat the little things anymore You count children while you're out to make sure you haven't lost one. It hard, you've forgotten what sleep is, you'd choose a bath, book and silence over a night at the pub but you're never short of a hug and cant imagine things any other way.
- —Guest Jodz
- When you've got two babies in the double pram(that dosnt fit down any shop aisle) one child perched on the front and you're pulling an overflowing trolly with number four in it, all the way put to the last carpark in the lot because some unthoughtful person with no kids is parked in one of the five car parks set aside for parent.
- —Guest Jody Wood
- When you have to do tooth fairy duties twice in one week for the same tooth only opposite side.
- —Guest Katrina
- When you can witness your children go from fighting over who does any activity first to watching one of them break her banana in half to share with her sister who has dropped hers on the ground.
- —Guest SereJoce Mom
- It's three a.m.You don't know who just climbed into bed with you but you sniff for urine...
- —Guest Geanine
Twin boys 15-months
- ...when you read this entire list crying and laughing, feeling a sense of belonging, sanity, and "I'm not alone!!"
- —Guest ZombieMom
You know you are a mum of twins when
- It comes to 10pm in the evening and you realise it's the first time you have sat down for more than 5 minutes without interruption or a list of chores to get through.
- —Guest Raj
- when youre up at 3 am, fixing 2 or more bottles instead of 1
You've got your hands full...
- The next time you walk out of a grocery store carrying two heavy car seats with crying babies, a huge diaper bag, and a dozen grocery bags looped around your elbows and that stranger decides that, instead of being decent and holding the door for you, he gives you a cheeky grin and says, "Boy, looks like you've got your hands full," you think about whether or not it'd be worth it to shift everything over to one arm just so you can jab him in the nose.
- —Guest Krystle
- When u can go shopping and have a harness in each hand while pushing a full cart. And how taking care of just one is way too easy. And how people say twins r hard when they have umteanth people helping but I did it by my self with barely enough money or food..
- —Guest Kay mom of twins
- U are stared at by strangers when u have that double stroller
- —Guest mommy 2 twins
- ...Ask for a table for eight, when there are only 4 of you, just so there is room to keep your plates out of the reach of the 4 little hands trying to grab everything in sight!!! Recently a stranger from the table next to us stepped over to our table and moved my husbands drink just as one of our 11month olds grabbed it. My husband was looking at the menu and totally forgot to slide the glass out of reach!! Help from random strangers is alway a blessing!
- —Guest Stacy
1-15 of 112Next