What to Expect When You're Expecting More Than One: Twin/Multiple Pregnancy
By Pamela Prindle Fierro, About.com Guide
- How to Have Twins
- Signs & Symptoms of Multiple Pregnancy
- Prenatal Care During Multiple Pregnancy
- Complications of Multiple Pregnancy
- Preparing for Multiples
How to Have Twins
Ever wonder what causes twinning? Is it hereditary? Pure luck? The result of fertility-enhancing technology? Find out the real reasons for twins, triplets and multiples.
Signs & Symptoms of Multiple Pregnancy
Every pregnant woman pauses to ponder ... "Is it twins? (Or more??)" From a sneaking suspicion to an unmistakable sign, there are some clues that will lend confirmation to a multiple pregnancy.
Prenatal Care During Multiple Pregnancy
A multiple pregnancy may be treated differently than a singleton pregnancy. It's important that moms of multiples receive proper care.
- You're Having Multiples! Now What?
- Twin Pregnancy FAQ: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Ten Things NOT To Do When You're Pregnant with Multiples
Complications of Multiple Pregnancy
When you're having more than one baby, the potential risks are increased.
- Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- Preeclampsia and Mulitple Birth
- Bed Rest During Pregnancy with Twins or Multiples
Preparing for Multiples
Is there any way to be truly prepared for the magic and miracle of a multiple birth? No matter how many books you read, equipment you buy, or tasks you complete, the experience will exceed your expectations. However, there are some practical guidelines you can follow in order to make your home and family ready to welcome the new additions.