Creating with clay products is a wonderful developmental play task for young children, enhancing their fine motor skills. Plus it's fun! Make your own play dough at home.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, 1/2 cups salt, 3 tablespoons oil and 1 cup water. Mix well.
- If desired, divide dough into four portions.
- Add food coloring to tint each portion as desired.
- Play! Mold and shape to your heart's content.
- This is temporary play dough; it will dry out. Add more water if necessary, but plan to throw the whole mess away when playtime is over.
- Food coloring can stain; use caution.
- Although nontoxic, this playdough doesn't taste good, so remind kids that it is not edible.
What You Need
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- food coloring