Thos Robinson / Getty Images.
There's no doubt that multiples can be tough on a marriage, and with twins and sextuplets, Jon and Kate have clearly suffered under the strain. As their television show grew in popularity, so did the harsh spotlight of media attention and the unsavory rumors about infidelity and exploitation. While their marriage won't hold up "for better, for worse," it appears that the show will continue on despite the difficult circumstances. Plans are for the children to remain in the family home in Pennsylvania, and for the parents to alternate staying in the home while maintaining separate residences. On Tuesday, it was announced that the show would go on "hiatus" for the summer and episodes will resume in August.
• Married with Multiples
• Poll: How Have Multiples Impacted Your Marriage?
More About Jon & Kate:
• Meet the Gosselins
• Talk about them in the message forum.
• Love or hate? Vote in the poll
• Watch the announcement at TLC.com
• What do you think about the situation? Leave a comment to share your thoughts.
More Sextuplet Families:
• The Masche Sextuplets of "Raising Sextuplets" on WE TV
• The Hayes Sextuplets of "Table for Twelve"
• The Conway Sextuplets born in Ireland last month
More on Jon and Kate from About.com Guides:
• Child Care
• Working Moms
• Stay-at-Home Moms
• Special Needs Children
• Work-at-Home Moms
• Single Parents