When we count our blessings, children are at the top of the list. For parents of multiples, whose children arrive simultaneously, those blessings seem multiplied. Amidst the chaos of daily life, it can be easy to lose perspective and forget why we are thankful for our blessings. Take a moment to recount your blessings, and reflect on why you are thankful to be a parent of twins.
My boy/girl twins
- I was so excited to find out I was having twins. My 3rd & 4th child! They have a bond like no other. My babies don't cry for me, they cry for each other. I'm thankful the Lord gave me 2 boys and 2 girls, now they have their own genders to play with when older. It will be a challenge I know! However God will NOT give what you can't handle! Take care everyone and enjoy the awesome life of twins!
- —Guest Tania
- I am thankful for my twin girls. I love them so much. I was on bed rest since 17 weeks. Didn't think they would make it. Docs told me they were not going to make it. But God said otherwise. They were born at 35 weeks. Healthy and beautiful. They are challenging to take care of sometimes but I would not have my life without them. In fact, they bring me closer to God in a way I could've only imagined. I asked for them and I then received them. What started out as a half hearted joke and mumblings became a reality. God listens and he has a sense of humor. The twins are my testimony to God's grace.
- —Guest Candace
what a wonderfull God we have
- on 3rd of nov God blessed me with beautifull twin boys. i am so thankfull for them,they bring joy to me,especially when they playing and laughing.i know it is not easy but they are blessing from God.
- —Guest enderline
I am very very thankful
- My twins were born yesterday on thanksgiving...they are boys, Marcus and Max. It was very exciting, my whole family was over and we were finishing up desert when I went into labour. I t was very quick, we went to the hospital and around 11:45 they were born!!! My sister and brother watched there kids as well as my son Nicholas who is 3. I can't wait to come home tomorrow! I hope to have a girl someday!!!
- —Guest Marta
blessing after heartache
- I was 38 before I decided to start a family. Over 1 1/2 years I got pregnant 3 times and miscarried 3 times in the first trimester. I told my husband that it was too painful and I would only try one more time. I got pregnant and went tot see an alternative doctor that I trusted implicitly, and I stayed pregnant past the first trimester. At 18 weeks I had a structural ultrasound aocompanied by my mom and husband. Lo and behold, the technician said she was glad I was laying down because there were 2 babies in there! I carried them for a day shy of 37 weeks. They were almost 6 pounds each, and they are happy and healthy almost 3 years later. I thank God for hearing my anguish and blessing my with two. I am of advanced age and always wanted two, so it was perfect all around. A boy and a girl to boot! I am SO thankful for them.
- thank GD for twins!
double kisses to give out!!
less fights of siblings about who will get to hold the baby!
and for me- they "spared" me a C section :)
- —Guest YeS
Abigail & Gabriel's Mom
- I gave birth to boy/girl twins on April 9, 2011. It was surprising to even learn I was pregos, but to also hear there were two was overwhelming for a first time Mom! I have to tell you it is certainly more work...but so much more love and funny moments two! The blessing of childbirth is a breathtaking(literally) & amazing experience in itself, but to give birth to twins? There are no words to express the joy, love and the humility in knowing G-d chose to give us a double portion! I also know there's something to the "twin connection" ...when we lay them beside eachother at naptime, it never fails, as they are sleeping they somehow end up so close to eachother as if they are "cuddling" or you notice they are "holding/touching" eachother's hand. It's beautiful to see. Moms of singletons... your babies are a gift for sure; but being a Mom of Twins is the best gift in the world times two! Make no mistake...We are truly blessed! I am so thankful G-d chose me to be a Mommy of Twins too! ❤
- —Guest Kimla G.
- I get fascinated when the two daughters compete to lie on my laps. When I retire from the work place they compete to reach me and when I cajole the first to reach me the other resigns therefore I have to take turns to reach the other so that she does"t develop a poor impression about their dad. Wow! I must make them happy by always purchasing double presents. They keep on motivating me to study child growth and development. They made me a champion in one of the college psychology units because my knowledge stems from experience. Although some communities in our place loath twins especially firstborns, I feel it is a worth good experience to have one in a persons birth life. At first members of my community thought I had a rough time to manage the twins. Alas! Luck came my side and got a job in the formal sector. I mean they inspired me to be aggressive to attend to as many vacancy announcements as possible. Something interesting is once one gets sick I prepare for the next.
- SINCE MY LAST RESPONSE, IM PLEASED TO INFORM THAT ON THE 3RD DECEMBER I GAVE BIRTH TO THREE BABY GIRLS 2 GIRLS AT 1.5kg AND 1 AT 1.2 kg. IM SO GRATEFUL AND OVERJOYED. THEY WIIL BE IN HOSPITAL FOR A WHILE, BUT THEY ARE COPING WELL.. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS I RECIEVE, IT GIVES ME POSITIVE FEEDBACKS AND GREAT NEWS.. THANKS AGAIN
- —Guest SHENAZ ALLY
- IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR GOOD POSITIVE NEWS ABOUT MULTIPLES. I'M EXPECTING TRIPLETS AND DUE ANY DAY NOW.. SINCE FALLING PREGNANT, ALL I HEAR IS NEGATIVE COMMENTS FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS ON HOW VERY DIFFICULT LIFE IS GOING TO BE FROM NOW ON. I HAVE ONE CHILD, SO I'M NOT IN THE DARK OF BEING A MUM.. SO I CAN EXPECT 3TIMES THE WORK.. BUT IM SURE IT'S ALSO 3TIMES THE JOY & BLESSINGS. THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK THAT ALSO COMES WITH MULTIPLE PREGNANCIES
- —Guest SHENAZ ALLY
my twin boys
- Well i was so surprised at my 6 week check up when the lady doing the ultrasound said there was two. I told her the machine must be wrong, please check again. Well yes, the machine was right and we had two beautiful boys. They are the best of mates. They are now four. I cant believe thay are at kindy next year. It has been hard work sometimes, dont get me wrong. But I tell you all those nappy changes, bottle feeds, double teething, is worth it in the end because you end up with not, one but two, beautiful little angels that you would do it all over again.
- —Guest vanessa
i am thankful
- i am thankful for my twins because they are my two blessing from god, they make laugh every day, and make my life worth while, even when i am tired or when i am sick. so every day i thank god for them.
- —Guest dianne f
Why I'm Thankful for my twins
- I have (boy/girl) twins who are 10mths old. They were such an unexpected surprise. We didn't even know we were having twins till I was 20wks prego. The way that they have grown together is amazing. I am so thankful that they are as healthy as horses, growing like weeds. I am thankful for the experience that I get with twins, from getting up all through the night to watching them play together and there personaltiies come out. To all the ladies with twins, we truly have something to be thankful for. Love my kids.
- —Guest Jill Bowe
I'm two thankful for my twins
- I am thankful to God for my twins because I wake up to double the smiles. They have brought so much joy to all my days in a way that I didn't think was possible. I feel like God gave me a gift X's 2 and I will be forever grateful that he trusted me with such a task!
- —Guest zforce36
- The responsibility of baking 2 buns at the same time is so scary but so amazing at the same time.
We were blessed with 2 beautiful girls and it is an amazing club to belong to.
Any parent of any age has to share the fact they they have/had twins or triplets with you.
The best most blessed club in the world to belong to.
- —Guest Catherine