Goop is a messy, gooey mixture that kids love to play with! Mix some up for your multiples on a rainy or wintry day. Be wary -- it is not edible, and can stain, so use caution.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of glue and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to tint the mixture to the desired shade.
- In the second small mixing bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of Borax and and 1/2 cup of water. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture. It will be very thick.
- Knead slightly as the mixture starts to come together.
- Spread play area with newspaper and/or wax paper to avoid staining surfaces.
- Play Goop!
- Always cover work area and play area to prevent a big mess. Goop will stain! Wash out spills with cold water as soon as possible.
- Recommended for children ages 5 and up.
- Parents should supervise the use of food coloring -- it will stain.
- Be sure kids don't put Goop in their mouths; it's not edible.
- Borax is a laundry product commonly sold as "20 Mule Team Borax Laundry Booster" with the laundry products in grocery stores.
What You Need
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 1/2 c. (4 oz) school glue
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- liquid food coloring
- one cup water