This classic treat is a favorite for many twins and multiples. The treats are easy to prepare and the process offers many opportunities for little helpers to lend a hand.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Melt 3 tablespoons of margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add marshmallows -- about 40 regualar sizes marshmallows (a 10 oz. bag) or 4 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add 6 cups of crispy rice cereal (such as Kellogg's Rice Krispies).
- Stir until cereal is coated.
- Lightly coat a 9"-x-13" pan with cooking spray.
- Press mixture into prepared pan, using a buttered spoon to compress.
- When cool, cut into squares.
- Best served within one day.
- You can melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave by heating on HIGH for 2 - 3 minutes, stopping occasionally to stir.
- Use a pizza wheel cutter to cut into bars.
What You Need
- butter or margaine
- crispy rice cereal
- 9"-x-13" pan