Do women who are pregnant with twins, triplets or more exhibit special "symptoms"? Yes ... and no. Just as individual women experience a wide range of symptoms with a singleton pregnancy, so the conditions vary with multiples.
It's true that the morning sickness, exhaustion and weight gain can be intensified in proportion to the number of babies -- twice as sick, three times as tired, or four times as many pounds! But, some lucky moms experience only mild discomfort, so mild that they never even suspect they are carrying multiples. Here's a list of the Top Ten Signs of Twins.
What about you?
Poll: Did you experience any enhanced symptoms during your pregnancy with multiples?
- No. I experienced nothing out of the ordinary.
- Yes! I gained an increased amount of weight very rapidly.
- Yes! I started to show very early and measured big for gestational age.
- Yes! I was twice/three times as exhausted.
- Yes! I felt fetal movement very early in the pregnancy.
- Yes! I suffered with extreme morning sickness.
- View Results